Document Management Services
Take control of your data
Any information is only useful if you can securely access it – when you need it. And that’s what document management, or electronic document management (EDM), is all about. It is the systems and processes used to digitally capture, store, manage, track and retrieve documents as quickly and efficiently as possible.
It’s not a new concept, document management systems have been around for many years. But with the amount of information being created every day reaching staggering levels, some 2.5 quintillion bytes per day in 2020*, and the requirement to access information in a hybrid working environment, it’s never been more important.
Every day, businesses create contracts, invoices, proposals and many other documents in both digital and printed formats, all of which are critical to their operation. However, a lot of this information can end up buried in personal systems, filing cabinets or departmental “data silos”, so it can be difficult to access and much of its potential value is simply being lost.
* “2020 Data Never Sleeps 8.0” study by Domo, Inc
Effective document management solutions will enable you to:
- Capture and organise documents – any information from any source, such as email, printers, photocopiers or office systems, can be digitally captured, classified and securely stored.
- Control access and increase transparency – rules can be applied to ensure only the right people have access to the right information at the right time.
- Increase and streamline collaboration – everyone can share and review the same documents so there is always the latest, most up-to-date version.
- Maintain a consistent document infrastructure – so information can be shared with other systems, such as ERP, CRM and financial applications.
- Manage information more securely – documents can be centrally controlled and protected from unauthorised access.
- Ensure compliance – audit trails and digital signature tools help ensure regulatory compliance.
Turning documents into decisions
As part of Sharp’s Document & Print Management portfolio, our workflow solutions helps everyone in the team to improve efficiency by streamlining manual, repetitive tasks. They let you capture documents and start a workflow to send them directly and securely to the person, application or business function that needs them.
In the cloud or on your own servers, our document management software also makes business-critical information available to authorised employees anytime, anywhere from almost any device, including phones and tablets.
Improve productivity and control costs
By enabling you to digitally capture and safely store and share much more of your business information, our secure document management and workflow solutions can help you to:
- Work more efficiently – streamlining business processes, reducing errors and enabling speedy access to documents.
- Reduce costs – completing tasks faster, reducing the amount of printing and minimising paper archiving space.
- Improve audit and compliance processes – with clear traceability and faster retrieval of all relevant documents.
- Enhance document security – ensuring only authorised staff have access to information.
- Unlock new insights and revenue opportunities – with more effective sharing and consolidation of data.
- Deliver a better customer experience – through the rapid retrieval of relevant information when handling enquiries.